Recent Posts

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Random Vocabulary Flash Fiction (RVFF)

I'm starting a series to help build my vocabulary - one of my weak spots. I'm calling it Random Vocabulary Flash Fiction (RVFF). A few days each week, I will blindly select a vocabulary word from Word Smart, and write a flash fiction story using that word. Flash fiction basically means it's short - you can read it in a flash. You can read more about flash fiction (here). My RVFF rules are:


  • The stories must be 200 words or less (which means you can read them in just a few seconds).

  • The stories must have a clear theme, plot, or storyline.

  • The vocabulary word must work its way in naturally and not seem forced to you, the reader (let me know if I'm not hitting the mark here).

Tune in regularly to read my RVFF.



1 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    I've just finished reading your RVFF's and I love them!
    WOW! HOW FUN IS THIS?

    Actually, this would be the most fantastic exercise I could never have imagined doing! In fact, I have never heard of it!

    THANK YOU for all that you do to help every writer become a better storyteller. I am very excited over this. You are a talented writer with a wonderful heart for sharing.